Wednesday 11 March 2009

UK Retailers on Twitter

It's hard to miss Twitter at the moment, there seems to be dozens of posts and news articles appearing on a daily basis right now... and yes, I know I'm adding to that.

However, going through my recent Google Alerts, I chanced upon an article by eConsultancy. They're constructing a list of UK retailers on Twitter. Interesting to see a lack of presence from the big name high street retailers, though I'm sure that will change with all the current Twitter hype.

One question in the comments asking whether tweeting about offers, promotions, etc was well answered. Whilst it's valuable in terms of visibility (possibly even early visibility for those loyal twitter followers), it still needs to be combined with an engaging stream of tweets to keep people interested and engaged.

By the way, I've been tweeting myself over the last couple of months. You can follow me @mc_musings.
blog comments powered by Disqus